Waitlist Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR PARTICIPATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
AN ACTIVE DIVVY HOMEOWNERSHIP PREPARATION (“CHiP”) ACCOUNT, IN GOOD STANDING, IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
1. Eligibility. This sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of Entry (as defined below). Employees of Divvy Homes Inc. (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. Participation constitutes entrant’s (each entrant, an “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding, and in Sponsor’s sole discretion, in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and Sponsor verification.
3. Entry Period. The Sweepstakes consists of three (3) “Entry Periods” as set forth in the chart below. Non-winning Entries from Entry Period 1 will be included in the Entry Period 2 drawing, so long as the Entrant is still on the Waitlist (as defined below) at the end of Entry Period 2. Non-winning Entries from Entry Period 2 will be included in the Entry Period 3 drawing, so long as the Entrant is still on the Waitlist at the end of Entry Period 3.
Entries submitted after the applicable Entry Period will not be eligible. For Waitlist Entrants, Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. For postcard Entrants (described below), the dates of the Entry Period indicate the date range by which your postcard must be received by Sponsor.
|Entry Period||Starts (12:00 a.m. PT)||Ends (11:59 p.m. PT)||Approximate Drawing Date|
|1||September 21, 2023||October 14, 2023||October 21, 2023|
|2||October 15, 2023||November 14, 2023||November 21, 2023|
|3||November 15, 2023||December 14, 2023||December 21, 2023|
4. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes (either an “Entry”):
(1) Waitlist. To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrant must (a) sign up for the CHiP waiting list located at the Waitlist Webpage (the “Waitlist”) and (b) remain on the Waitlist at least through the end of the applicable Entry Period. By submitting an Entry and signing up for the Waitlist, Entrants agree to Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions located at www.divvyhomes.com/terms. If, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any Entry violates any law, rule, or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete, or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, Sponsor may disqualify the Entry. This Sweepstakes may be canceled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received; or
(2) Alternative Free Method of Entry by Postcard. To enter without participating in the Waitlist, hand print your (a) first and last name, (b) email address, (c) mailing address, (d) phone number, and (e) statement substantially in the following form: “Please enter my name in the Waitlist Sweepstakes” on a postcard approximately three and a half by five inches (3.5" x 5") in size and mail it to:Divvy Homes Inc.
300 Montgomery Street, Suite 350
San Francisco, CA 94104
Attn: Waitlist Sweepstakes Entry
All postcard entries must be received by Sponsor (i) between September 21, 2023 and December 14, 2023 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes and (ii) before the end of the applicable Entry Period to be deemed eligible for such Entry Period.
Winners (as defined below) must have or create a valid and active CHiP account to redeem Prize. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter®, Facebook®, TikTok®, or Instagram®.
5. Entries. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person (regardless of method of Entry and Entry Period). You may not use multiple emails to enter. Sponsor may disqualify any Entrant that attempts to enter more than one (1) time. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding.
6. Drawing. Winners will be randomly selected from eligible Entries on or around the dates outlined in the table in Section 3. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will send an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the potential Winner(s) with information on how to claim the Prize.
7. Potential Winner Requirements. Except where prohibited, a potential Winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If the Sponsor does not already have one on file, each potential Winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor a completed IRS Form W-9 for tax reporting purposes, in order to claim their Prize. If a potential Winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential Winner may be selected in their place in a random drawing of all remaining Entries received. If the potential Winner fails to respond within seven (7) days or if the notification is returned as undeliverable or fails to reach the potential Winner for any reason, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
8. Prizes. At the conclusion of the Entry Periods, a total of fifty (50) winners (each a “Winner” and collectively, “Winners”) will be or have been, as applicable, randomly selected from among all eligible Entries and each will be awarded a free three (3)-month trial of CHiP valued at approximately $44.97 (each a “Prize” and collectively, “Prizes”), in the following manner:
Entry Period 1: Twenty (20) Winners will be awarded a Prize.
Entry Period 2: Twenty (20) Winners will be awarded a Prize.
Entry Period 3: Ten (10) Winners will be awarded a Prize.
The total approximate retail value of all Prizes is $2,248.50. CHiP is an automatically renewing service requiring recurring payments. After the three (3)-month trial ends, the free trial will convert to a paid CHiP membership and will automatically bill Entrants each month at the then-current rate (currently $14.99), until Entrants cancel. Each Winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other fees, costs, and expenses. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A Prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded, and any difference between approximate and actual Prize value will not be awarded. A Winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
9. License Grant. By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor and its agents, licensees, and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without your name, image, and likeness) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you. You also agree to be publicly identified as the Winner of this Sweepstakes.
10. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (i) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (ii) award the Prize(s) at random from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, members, managers, investors, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to (i) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes, (ii) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines, (iii) technical errors that may prevent an individual from participating or receiving direct messages related to the Sweepstakes, (iv) printing errors, (v) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail, (vi) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of posts, or (vii) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, or indirect damages. All potential Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. An Entrant is not a Winner of any Prize, even if the Sweepstakes should so indicate, unless and until Entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning Entry has been verified, and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept alternative evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
12. Disputes. You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, except as preempted by FAA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. In the event of any conflict between this provision and the dispute resolution and arbitration agreement in the Divvy Terms and Conditions located at www.divvyhomes.com/terms, the terms of these Official Rules shall govern.
14. Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Divvy Homes Inc., 300 Montgomery Street, Suite 350, San Francisco, CA 94104.